Last updated: March 18, 2023
We respect your privacy and use your Personal Data only to provide and improve our services. We never sell your Personal Data, never share it with third parties that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless you have allowed us to do so, and we are committed to keeping your Personal Data confidential.
Types of Data Collected
We collect personal and other information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Website and the App. We may also automatically collect certain information about you when you and your mobile or other such device use, access, or interact with our Services.
Personal Data Provided by You
The Website and the App may receive personal information provided by you in order to administer your use of the Services (including your User account), provide and improve our Services.
You can use our Services without submitting any Personal data. However, if you register with us using the App, you may provide your name, email address, password, and other registration information.
You will also be required to provide your email address if you contact technical support through the feedback form on our Website or by directly contacting us via email, as well as when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Automatically Collected Usage Data
Information Collected while Using the Website
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the time and date of your visit, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, the time spent on those pages, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website.
We collect usage data using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze using these methods include (but are not limited to): the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet; email address; type and version of the operating system and platform of the computer or device.
We use software tools to evaluate and collect session data, including page response times, loading errors, duration of visits to individual pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, mouse clicks, and hovering over elements), and methods used to transition to other pages.
Information Collected while Using the App
Device Usage Data. When you use the App, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique identifier, your mobile operating system, user settings and other diagnostic data.
Third-party payment processing. When you make purchases through the Services (subscriptions), your payments are processed through a third-party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, and other third-party payment processers. The third party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of us, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
How We Use Collected Information
The information collected by the App and the Website may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services, including monitoring the usage of our Services, handling technical issues, or processing refunds.
- To provide customer support and process your requests to us, including requests to technical support. We may use the Personal Data provided by you to communicate with you and to provide information about our services per your request.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information and consent.
- To study and analyze information about the use of our Services in order to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, to screen for potential risk and fraud, improve user experience and the quality of our Services. In other words, to make the Website and the App even more convenient, safe, and interesting for you and to ensure that our Services meet your needs and wishes.
- To contact you regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, special offers and general information about other services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Who We Share Your Personal Data with
- We may share your anonymous Usage Data with third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Myselfland assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Under certain circumstances, Myselfland may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We may share your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, to ensure the safety of users, to investigate, prevent or take action in connection with illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations associated with potential threats to one’s security, or to otherwise protect our rights in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information and consent.
How You Can Regulate the Collection of Information
- You can choose and control what Personal Data you provide and what device information is automatically collected when you use the Website or App.
- We will not be able to obtain information about your email address or other Personal Data if you do not provide it yourself by filling out the name request, registering in the App, or sending a request to technical support.
- If you do not want information collected by the Website using cookies, most browsers have a simple procedure that allows the user to accept or not accept most cookies.
- You can unsubscribe from email newsletters by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the end of any email from the newsletter.
- You can stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App and deleting your App account.
- You can access Personal Data we hold about you, request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. To exercise any of your data subject rights under the GDPR, including by withdrawing your consent, please contact us via contact form.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
Myselfland will also retain automatically collected usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
When you contact us through the Website or the App, we will maintain your contact information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. If you would like us to remove this information from our database, please let us know.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. The information is available only to authorized employees and is used solely for the purposes described above. However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is possible for you to submit your own content, such as answers to guided questions submitted in the App. Myselfland does not read or access any of your private user content. Such content is encrypted and stored locally on your device or in the cloud.
Our Website and App do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
Compliance with GDPR
If you are a user in the European Economic Area, we process your personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).